1 - To Mr. Muluken and To whom it may concern!
My self and two friends from Vienna have completed a Toyota Land Cruiser Excursion from Nov 23rd to Dec 5th 2010 with Merit Tours.
After some internet-research for a suitable agency to rent a four-whell-drive car I found your company with a fair proposal. Your were the only agency who offered a base-price for the car with fuel to be paid by the clients.
After we met Nov.22nd at the Queen of Sheba Hotel in Addis Abeba the decision was quickly made, because you presented an excellent car with only 18000 km on one side and Mr. Bitnaniya as driver - he made a very good and knowledgeable impression from the first moment. There we concluded our deal in short time and I had to cancel the appointments with two other agencies.
The good impression was confirmed after some days of travelling with Mr. Bitnaniya- he drove defensively and cautiously, he was always punctual,
he had an excellent knowledge of all the Northern and Southern regions in
Ethiopia. Besides he speaks very well English and assisted us always with his
mobile phone in finding suitable Hotels on the route.
After approx. 3200 km through all kinds of surface, through two National Parks and several dirt roads, we know that we had made an excellent decision to choose Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours.
So we thank you again for your excellent cooperation.
Martin KIermaier, Munich, Germany
2 - As a seasoned traveler for 25 years, I led a number of groups of tourists to many countries across the globe. This year I organized my trip with Merit Ethiopian Tours [MEET] to the Omo Valley with 10 people to visit the cultural tribes. Mr. Muluken accompanied us and made sure to put us in the best available hotels, in first class camping, and provide us with delicious meals in the middle of nowhere. He organized very good conditioned 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers. He and his colleagues were always there to assist us get whatever we needed on time.
I don’t hesitate to recommend Mr. Muluken’s service to anyone who is interested to travel to Ethiopia.
Kevien Whitenly, USA
3. I have just completed my third tour with Muluken(Mule) as a guide and organizer -
six years ago we travelled to the Denakil Depression/Axum region together,
five years ago to the Gambella, Surma and East Omo Valley, and this year we did a tour of southern Ethiopia including a boat trip to Lake Turkana down the Omo River.
I would highly recomend his service and his local knowledge is outstanding and I would have no hesitation in recommending his company to any traveller especially those intending to venture off the beatten tourist tracks.
All the best Mule and we share a lot of memories.
Allen Gray, New Zealand
4. 'Salamno' Mulu!
Great to hear from you!
Everything is fine with us, thanks. As you can imagine it was difficult to go back to work, especially after such a wonderful trip through Ethiopia.
We would be happy to advertise your fantastic tour organization and guiding capabilities since you took such good care of us and showed us so many beautiful (and difficult) parts of your country. We both came away with a better understanding of Ethiopia and how wonderful and strong the people are and how much they want to improve their country and make things better. It was truly an inspiring trip and you opened our eyes by showing us all aspects of life for the people of Ethiopia.
We're sure we'll see you again one day. We would like to see the more of your country and would certainly make sure we could travel with you.
Best of luck to you and take care Mulu.
Chris & Stefi(Luxumburg)
5. Dear reader,
On our first trip to the Omo Valley of Ethiopia we were fortunate to have Muluken as our guide. Though the southern part of Ethiopia is not really touristically developed, Muluken made sure we had great accomodation and that all our wishes - and we had a few! - were met to full satisfaction. It remains as one of our most unforgettable experiences, thanks to no less part to Muluken adjusting the trip to all our requests, monitoring where necessary but letting us freedom whenever needed. The various markets and villages of the different tribes - Hamar, Karo, Dessenech, Mursi etc. - all made up to an utterly fantastic and unbelievable insight of this to most people unknown part of the world.
We were so impressed that we booked another tour with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, the very same year, this time exploring the west bank of the Omo River, especially the Surma tribes. Again Muluken made sure that all our wishes - sometime springing to mind in the midst of a tour - were fullfilled to complete satisfaction. Which tourist can claim to have visited 2 impressive Donga fights on one day? Well, we can, thanks to Muluken. It seems as if Muluken is part of the different Surma families; they all know and respect him and give the same affection to us as Muluken's friends (yes, we felt like friends, not just like mere customers). Also Muluken again knew to impress us with his knowledge and his possibility to move with an astonishing flexibility through the different wishes and situations.
For us it is a sure thing that we will return to Ethiopia, to our beloved Omo Valley. And it is just as sure that we will pick Muluken as our tour organizer and guide again. It just doesn't get any better. Meet Mule and enjoy!
Johan & Anja
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANOTHER UNFORGETTABLE ETHIOPIAN EXPERIENCE!
IT IS ALWAYS A GREAT PLEASURE TO TRAVEL WITH YOU. YOU KNOW WHAT WE LIKE AND YOU ARE ALSO
FLEXIBLE TO ADJUST WHEN THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT.
THANK YOU ALSO FOR PROVIDING US AN INSIGHT IN THE ETHIOPIAN LIFE AWAY FROM THE STANDARD
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND SEE YOU AGAIN!
JOHAN + ANJA
7. Muluken is a knowledgeable and likeable young man. He went out of his way to assist us in having a wonderful experience in Ethiopia in August 2013. Flexible and willing to go the extra mile, he ensured that my friend and I had a truly wonderful experience and we fell in love with the country as a result. Together with his driver, Fitsum, we had plenty of fun - and laughter was the order of our days together.
8. Muluken Girma, before he opened Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, has hosted a film crew from the famous American
TV company called Travel Channel for a program called Bizarre Foods. You can watch it by clicking the following link
9. This was an amazing trip and Muluken took very good care of us. He was attentive and quick to repond to our questions and wants. He was also extremely accomodating when it came to making exptra stops along the way, which made the trip longer but worth it. the drive is less than two hours from Addis Ababa but there is plenty to see along the way. The site itself is beautiful but this trip is all about the beautiful and interesting views along the journey.
10. Muluken - I have NEVER in my life been so touched and impacted by any tour that I have been on, as I have been on my tour with you. You showed to me - your AFRICA. I sit here 2 days after I said goodbye at the Addis airport trying to put into words something that would really "capture" the humanity, the feelings, the people, the lives, the way the people live, the sounds, the resourcefulness, the poverty, the overworked women. This is an awesome tour, a life changing tour, and I cannot thank you enough.
11. Muluken was a wonderful tour guide. He was extremely well informed, accommodating, and friendly. He even helped me to mail a package to the United States. I would not hesitate to book his services again.
12. This was an excellent tour covering much of Ethiopia. Muluken, our guide was with us throughout the tour. He was quietly efficient. Everything was highly organised without any fuss. Each day brought new experiences. Muluken answered all our questions, and sorted out any issues. We had excellent fully informed guides when needed on the sites, who all spoke excellent English. We really enjoyed our time in Ethiopia.
GET THE SOLUTION WITH US TO HAVE IT YOUR WAY!
Contact us soon at firstname.lastname@example.org , or email@example.com or info@meetmule OR you can call us at +251 – 91 – 136 04 88 or +251 - 11 - 3712653. Alternatively, you can contact us by Skype: Muluken444