This is a list of private one day tours from Addis Ababa to visit cultural, religious and religious sites. Addis Ababa day tours also include enjoying scenic views of the Rift Valley and Jemma Valley Gorge. These excursions near Addis Ababa include visiting cultural experience and some wildlife.
Why take day tour from Addis Ababa with us?
• We offer day tours around Addis Ababa tailored to all tastes
• Our day tours are ideal for First-Timer Visitors to get the real feel of Ethiopian culture and history
• Our day trips are flexible enough to cater visitors with extra (personal) expectations
• Our day tours are led with professional passionate knowledgeable local tour guides
Following is a list of day tours from Addis Ababa to see historical, cultural and natural sites of Ethiopia near Addis Ababa. Get immersive cultural experience with locals in learning cooking Ethiopian meals. Take part in sharing Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. With one day expeditions from Addis Ababa visit historical and religious sites. Enjoy views of breathtaking scenery, and discover Ethiopian bird life and wildlife.
Places of interests to visit with day tours from Addis Ababa are: -
• Adadi Mariam Rock Cut Church is 65 km south of Addis Ababa. It is carved out of one piece of rock in 13th Century AD by King Lalibela. Adadi Mariam is a still-functional Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity Church.
• Steles of Tiya – The cemetery site at Tiya is found 85 km south of Addis Ababa. The Steles of Tiya is Ethiopia’s UNESCO World Heritage Site nearest to Addis Ababa. The grave site of Tiya has about 40 stone grave markers erected between the 12th and 14th Century AD
• Debre Libanos Monastery – is 100 km north of Addis Ababa. Debre Libanos Monastery is the biggest Ethiopian Orthodox Christians Monastery in Ethiopia. It is established in the 13th Century AD by an Ethiopian Saint – Abune Tekle Haimanot
• Portuguese Bridge is a small stone walking bridge near Debre Libanos Monastery overlooking the beautiful Jemma River Gorge. Portuguese Bridge was constructed in the 16th Century AD
• View of Jemma River Gorge – The Jemma River Gorge has stunning scenic beauty. Jemma River is one of the tributaries of the Blue Nile River
• Crater lakes of Bishoftu (Debre Ziet) is 45 km east of Addis Ababa. With a day tour from Addis Ababa, visit the five beautiful crater lakes.
• Rift Valley Lake of Ziway – The Northernmost Rift Valley Lake of Ziway is found 160 km south of Addis Ababa. With a boat ride of an hour, it is possible to see many water birds and few hippos.
Nature and wildlife aspect of the day tours from Addis Ababa include seeing Ethiopian endemic Gelada Baboon. Have a boat ride on the Rift Valley Lake of Ziway to see hippos and different birds. and to enjoy the great view of the Ethiopian part of the Great Rift Valley.
List of Day trips offered by Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours: -
These excursions are by drive with comfortable Toyota Corolla (1 and 2 people) and Toyota Minivan (2 – 6 people) which are equipped with air conditioning and shoulder seat belts.
The above excursions from Addis Ababa are free to modify to fit visitor’s time limit, personal schedule, and expectations, and be combined with other day tours.
Please, contact us for details.
GET THE SOLUTION WITH US TO HAVE IT YOUR WAY!
Twitter - Follow us on Twitter
Alternatively, you can contact us by WhatsApp:- +251911360488